My housemate and I made these today whilst seriously hungover from last night in town- we really fancied something sweet and comforting and these hit the spot for sure!
These are so easy and cheap to make so I would definitely recommend making these! You can make other variations too like…
– Banoffee flapjacks (add a mashed banana, chopped fudge and milk choc)
– Peanut butter and banana flapjacks (add a mashed banana, peanut butter)
DISCLAIMER: These require serious willpower to not eat the whole tray!
INGREDIENTS (makes 20)
120g dark brown sugar
150g frozen raspberries (we got ours from Aldi)
200g cooking white chocolate
2 tbsp chai powder (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 200C
2. Chop up 150g of the white chocolate into small chunks
3. Melt the butter on medium heat in a pan
4. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves
5. Put the oats and chai powder in a large bowl (or a bucket in our case!)
6. Add the sugar/butter to the oats
7. Stir until mixed and add the chopped chocolate and frozen raspberries.
8. Line 2 baking trays (or 1 large one) with baking paper and add the flapjack mix
9. Flatten the mix with a silver spoon to make it even
10. Bake for around 15-18 mins or until golden
11. Slice into square whilst warm
12. Once cooled melt the remaining white chocolate in the microwave on medium heat in 20 seconds bursts until fully melted (stirring in between intervals)
13. Drizzle the chocolate over the flapjacks with a spoon
14. Enjoy with a cuppa!