Sorry it’s been absolutely ages since my last post but August has been such a busy month for me in terms of working at my placement as well as going crazy at Boomtown, SW4, carnival, then celebrating my 21st too!
I’ve finally settled back into a more chilled routine (for now), so I thought it would be a good idea to set some time aside to post a new recipe up on here to give you guys a tasty recipe inspiration!
This meal is super easy to make and is kind of a mix between the elements of a fajita filling and a stirfry. It’s also vegan and cheap to make too (winner winner).
I served mine with Aldi Mexican microwavable rice but wraps/baked sweet potato would also be a shout to!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
1/2 can kidney beans, washed
1/2 courgette cut into strips
2 portions of frozen spinach
1 handful of frozen broccoli
5 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tomato, cubed
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp cajun seasoning
juice of 1/2 lime
salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 packet of rice or 2 wraps, and 1/2 avocado to serve
1. Heat a pan on medium heat then add 1 tsp olive oil
2. Add the onion and fry until transluent, then add the courgette
3. Meanwhile, microwave the broccoli and spinach until almost cooked
4. Add the mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, peppers and kidney beans and continue to fry
5. Briefly take the pan off the heat and roughly 1/4 cup of boiling water, tomato puree, garlic paste and all the seasoning, then return the pan to the heat to allow the water to evaporate
6. Microwave the rice and serve with the avocado and squeeze of lime