Happy sunday guys! As this is the 3rd weekend of Veganuary, I thought I’d share my super easy vegan fluffy pancake recipe in case you needed some tasty breakfast inspo (to broaden your horizons beyond cereal or toast!).
Whenever I used to see bloggers post vegan pancakes on instagram, I just assumed they used specialist ingredients and were a faff to make, but then I googled a few recipes online and I couldn’t have been more wrong!
This easy vegan fluffy pancake recipe uses actual store cupboard ingredients (rather than everything from Holland and Barrett!) and literally takes about 15 mins to whip up -meaning you can even attempt to make them midweek!
You can really go crazy with the toppings but I usually keep it fairly simple and add chopped banana, peanut butter, soya yogurt, granola and drizzle some agave syrup over the top of the stack.
Other great toppings combo’s:
- Eton mess: strawberries, jam and coconut yogurt
- Apple crumble: Microwaved grated apple (turns into a pulp), cinnamon, granola
Easy Vegan Fluffy Pancakes
The secret to making these nice and fluffy (not so secret now!) is to let the mixture set for about 5 minutes after you have mixed all the ingredients together to allow the baking powder to do it’s magic! During this time I usually prepare my chosen toppings i.e. slice the fruit etc.
- 375 ml milk alternative I used almond but hazelnut milk would taste great in these!
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- soya yogurt
- agave syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Add the milk alternative of your choice and the vanilla essence.
- Whisk until well combined and let rise for 5 minutes
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium heat
- Brush the pan with oil and spoon the batter in the pan (I add 3/4 of a ladle)
- Once the edges start to come away from the pan and turn golden, flip them (carefully!) and continue to cook until done.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake mixture, brushing the pan with a bit oil each time.
- Add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Let me know if you guys try this recipe out and feel free to share what toppings you choose!