HAPPY WORLD VEGAN DAY GUYS!!
To celebrate, I thought I’d share one of my favourite recipes to cook when I fancy something quick, cheap, yet tasty for dinner.
I really love the tofu in this but you could use chickepeas/kidney beans instead as another vegan alternative.
This meal is super easy to make so let me know if you try it out!
For the sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 pack of Cauldron tofu (optional)
4 medium chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1/2 courgette, sliced into strips
1/2 red onion, sliced
Handful of fresh/frozen spinach
1 nest wholewheat noodles
1/2 avocado, sliced (optional)
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients (apart from the cornflour) in a bowl
2. Add the cornflour to a small cup and add a tiny bit of water (1-2 tbsp) until a smooth paste forms
3. Add the cornflour to the marinade ingredients so that the sauce thickens
4. FIll a large pan with water and bring to the boil
5. Add the noodles then simmer for 4 mins
6. Heat up a frying pan (or a wok if you have one) on medium heat and add the oil
7. Add the red onion, then the courgette and tofu. Stir for about a minute.
8. Add the mushrooms and continue stirring
9. When the mushrooms are semi-cooked, stir through the marinade and spinach
10. Cook for a further minute until the sauce starts to thicken and caramelise slightly
11. Serve with the drained noodles and sliced avo.