These vegan protein overnight oats make such a perfect breakfast for a post-morning workout. I prepare these the night before, so by the next day the oats are plumped up and ready to eat straight out the fridge after my run!
I’ll be honest, I never really considered using protein powders as I didn’t see them as necessary. However, I came across the brand FreeSoul as the Balance Festival a few months back (which you can find out more about here), and they completely changed my perspective! FreeSoul market their protein powders to young active women so they fortify their protein powders with vitamins and minerals that most females are at risk of being deficient in e.g. calcium and iron. They even fortify their vegan powders with vitamin B12 which is a vitamin that is hardly found in a plant-based diet (nearly all sources are from animals). The powders also taste amazing too- the strawberry flavour even reminds me of Strawberry Delight (a British creamy mousse dessert)!
I find these vegan protein overnight oats so filling as the protein powder really bulks up the whole mixture. Don’t worry though, if you don’t have any protein powder, you can try out my Chia Overnight Oats recipe which taste equally as nice!
For more information on FreeSoul protein powders, you can visit their website, and I’ve also written an article with them on How to Turn Your Diet into a Lifestyle, which you can find here.
Vegan protein overnight oats
These vegan protein overnight oats make a perfect post-workout breakfast to refuel your body. I've used FreeSoul protein powder which is the best vegan protein powder that I've ever tried!
- 30 g rolled oats, I usually just use Tesco's own brand as they're super cheap
- 2 tbsp FreeSoul Vanilla protein powder
- 100 ml plant milk, I normally use almond milk
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 100 ml water, or more for a runnier mixture
- 1 tbsp of low sugar granola
- Any sliced fruits of your choice!
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the fruit toppings and granola) in a bowl, mix until the protein powder dispersed and leave in the fridge overnight
- Microwave for 1 minute or so until the oats thicken. Add more water if necessary
- Top with the granola and fruits